Friday 9 December 2016

Analytical Reflection Final

Knowing myself, I am aware that presentation is not my forte. I have the tendency to rush through my slides and not maintain a good eye contact across the room. In extreme cases, I fail to organize my thoughts and err throughout my presentation. Such stage-fright usually affects my confidence and it also makes me realized that there is a possibility of poor delivery of ideas and points which could leave audience confused or clueless.

With every practice we had in class, I have learnt to communicate with the audience effectively and explore new ways of presenting my ideas. That being said, I practiced presenting my points repeatedly through the mirror in my room so that during the presentation, I would be able to maintain a good pace. Although there was a moment where I felt that I was going too fast during the actual presentation, I was able to regain my composure and ensure that the audience understood my points clearly before I moved on to the next point. This was the part that I felt strongly about during my presentation. However, I felt less secure when answering the questions probed by my classmates. I should have expected or prepared myself for the types of questions that were going to be asked. I was unsure about answering them at first but thankfully with the help of my group mates, I managed to do it.

I am glad that the comments given to me based on my final presentation were positive. However, I believe that there is always room for improvement such as to foresee the types of queries that they might have and be better equipped when being prompted questions. Therefore, I believe that with this new lesson learnt, it will benefit me for future presentations.

Total word count: 296

last edited // 09:54pm, 9 Dec 2016

commented on Derrick's Analytical Writing// 10:12pm, 9 Dec 2016
commented on Akmal's Analytical Writing// 10:24pm, 9 Dec 2016

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure working with you. Though there is still lots of room for improvements, we have definitely improved tremendously through peer learning, the many writing assignments and presentations. Taking this module at this juncture of our university learning journey has definitely provided us with more growth opportunities in terms of sharpening our communication skills and mastering the English language.

    ReplyDelete