Friday 9 December 2016

Critical Reflection

When I first learnt that Effective Communication was going to be one of the modules offered, I was quite taken aback, thinking that this module only focuses on one’s English- grammar, verb etc. Knowing myself, I am aware that English isn’t my strongest subject. However, after going through the first week of lesson, my perspective of Effective Communication changed. I am now more aware of the basis of communication.

Throughout this course of study, I have learnt that we as a communicator we play an important part in delivering proper speech so that the message that we bring across will be understood by the receiver. Likewise, we as a receiver, have an obligation to listen and understand the intended meaning instead of making assumptions which could probably create misunderstandings or conflicts. During the period of this module, we were also tasked to do numerous writings of various types such as a transmittal letter, analytical writing and even reports. I believe that the biggest take away for me during this module is learning to create a proper report. This has helped me tremendously in submitting proper professionally crafted report for the other modules.

Apart from the topics that were bound to be discussed, I am grateful that my tutor, Brad, added his own style of teaching for this module. We were given constructive feedbacks for all the times that we were asked to speak publicly- from introducing ourselves on the first day of lesson to presenting in front of the class. I realized that I am indeed more comfortable and confident speaking in front of a crowd. I would not be able to improve myself without the help of my tutor and fellow classmates who took the time and effort to point out my mistakes.

For all of us, this is only the beginning. I look forward to grow and improve myself as I continue this learning journey. Finally, thank you dear classmates for making this module less stressful. And for Brad, thank you for your sincerity in sharing the knowledge that you possess. I wish you all the best!


commented on Masyita's Critical Writing// 10:24am, 10 Dec 2016
commented on Jerry's Critical Writing// 11:03am, 10 Dec 2016

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Danish, for this clear, concise and yet comprehensive reflection. I'm happy to know that your attitude toward communication changed over the course of the trimester (even after the first week!). It's also good to know that you found many takeaways in our work, and in particular, the report writing element.

    I appreciate all the accolades in this review, but most importantly, I applaud the effort you made in order to better your skills. There are still areas to work on, of course, not the least of which is language use. I'm sure you can continue to apply yourself as you read and write more often.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Danish!

    I like the communicator/receiver perspective that you have included. I believe that communicating is very important and you have nicely summarise it well. Glad to know that you are able to find multiple positivity out of this module. I wish you all the best in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete